Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Winds of change...

It was very windy in Salt Lake today...Winds of change maybe?

David, Willow and I went and toured Sego Lily School today. Willow starts tomorrow. It has been a long time coming and it will be a great thing. Sego Lily is a Sudbury school and basically follows the same principals of "how we learn" as unschooling.
Aspen went there a few years ago and loved it. The school has really grown in the past 5 years. They have about 30 students now. We were really excited to see some friends we knew!
Willow was crying and crying when we had to leave. She did not want to come home :) She had so much fun in the 1 hour we were there!


She had laid out her clothes, eaten dinner and is now in the bath and it is only 5pm! She can hardly wait.
Willow came to me on Sunday and said "Now that I am six I am going to school". And I said, "well, ok" :)
Willow usually wakes up and come into my room and whispers "can I take a bath" or "make me some oatmeal please" For the past 4 days it has been...."have you heard from Sego Lily" :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!