Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, March 26, 2009

School House Rock


Tonight we had an open house potluck at Sego Lily. Tons of fun was had by all! Josh and Mara performed and were terrific. The night opened with playing a drama game and having a mock Judicial committee meeting. Then it was on to hear the live musical performances and chat with friends new and old.


I made challah bread and spinach and feta quiche and Mara made deviled eggs :) I also took a hummus platter.


Since I was grinding wheat and cooking anyway, I made a few batches of applesauce wheatgerm muffins( the kids favorite). I will have to try Julie's pancakes! I am sure my kids would love them!!


Here is the band.....Mara on vocals, Cade on guitar, Josh on bass and Dakota on guitar.
Then Cade performed a guitar solo. He even played with his teeth and behind his head!

Then Mara performed. She was awesome!
Amethyst performed a magic show, she turned David's $1 bill into a $10 bill. Wouldn't you love that gift ;)
So happy.............

1 comment:

Elizabeth G. said...

This looks like it was a lot of fun. The food looks wonderful!
Elizabeth

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!