Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bell Canyon


Yesterday David and I did our first hike of the season! What a great way to welcome Spring!
We didn't make it all the way to the top, as we ran out of time but what we did was lovely....well, all accept me falling and twisting my ankle. I am ok now, just sucked coming down those evil steps!We have plans to go back up later in the season to see the waterfall.

I Love this Man..............


Here is my geology lesson for the day. David was telling me all about how the granite is cooled and hardened lava and the grey rock is sedimentary rock that formed on top during Lake Bonneville...or something like that :)




The snow is still there on parts of the path....but Spring is definitely showing her head. Butterflies, birds, green grass....I love it! Looking forward to more hikes........

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You saw butterflies yesterday!!?!
Awesome.
I would have loved that. Especially on the first day!

Teri said...

Yes! I tried to snap a photo but she was off and away. It was very cool!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!