Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Monday, February 23, 2009

World Thinking Day 2009

World Thinking Day is a Girl Scout celebration held on February 22nd across the world. Girl Scouts "think' about other scouts across the world and celebrate them by learning some of their customs and thing about their country. This year we celebrated Italy and the Girl Guides that live there. Normally we would have a big Italian feast but we meet at the library and we can't have food. I did send the girls home with a biscotti and a Milano cookie though ;)


The first part of our Thinking Day celebration was to play a game called "Lupo Della Ore" or better known here in the States as "What Time is it Mr Wolf?"



We made Pasta necklaces representing the Italian Flag and the girls all shared something they had learned about Italy. Mara showed the girls pictures of Italian girl guides and some of the badges they earn.
Then it was off to play more games while Mara and I got ready for the awards ceremony. Those games are the highlight of the meeting! I think this time it was duck duck, goose :)

The girls received all the badges that they had worked on since our last ceremony. Some of the parents stayed to cheer the girls on.


As always, we close our meeting with a friendship circle.....till next time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!