Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, February 10, 2009


We left Aspen on Wednesday and headed off to our "surprise" get away :) I had no idea where David was taking me. It turned out to be a great surprise and an awesome trip!


First stop was Cannon beach. It was a perfect day, beautiful and sunny and hardly anyone there!


The first of our series of "cheesy" photos ;)






These are for you Kathy ;) Indian beach where Twilight was filmed....well part of it ;)




Driving through Astoria Oregon..........

At this point I had no idea where he was taking me ....could have been a million places and not one of them in my head was Hood River :)


This is The Inn at The Gorge, a great B and B in a 101 year old house. Frank and Michele were wonderful hosts and Frank made the best breakfasts! Our room was awesome and even had a secret passage way to the attic that we finally found on the last day :) We met some great people from Virginia who were there on business. It was our first time to stay in a B and B and we loved it. Hood River is a great little town. So close to all the beautiful water falls in the Gorge! We had a great day of hiking them all.


First stop: Multnomah Falls



Then it was off to Bridal Veil Falls (this one is for you Katrina ;) )




Then to Wahkeena Falls......






Then to Horsetail Falls.......


Out for some awesome organic burgers, great drinks and fun :)

Then back to The Inn.....
We had a wonderful time and really did not want it to end.....it has been hard getting back to real life :)

3 comments:

Wendy Ray said...

Wow - Looks like you guys had an amazing trip! The aquarium looks so fun - Jacob would love that little "hatch" that Aspen had her head in! And the beach scenes, the waterfalls and the sea lions - how awesome! And how nice for you and David to get some alone time in such a beautiful B&B! I'm so happy for you - very jealous - but happy! LOVE YOU ALL!!! XOXOXOXOS

Elizabeth G. said...

Wow, wow, wow. That is just unbelievably gorgeous and romantic. I love the pictures (especially the "cheesy" ones). David has earned the Husband Award for this one!
E

Lori said...

fantastic!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!