Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Andrew Bird Concert


Last night David and I went to see Andrew Bird in concert. It was really great! He is so talented!! I love the violin and he plays it is the most amazing way. He also played the xylophone, the saxophone, the clarinet, electric guitar and he whistles. I am not sure how he can whistle like that. It is totally a gift! I love how he alternates plucking the violin and playing. It is really amazing. It reminds me of Mara and her guitar chording and picking. So cool! He also did a lot of recording and looping his recordings back into his song so he was playing 2-3 instruments at a time.
Here are some pictures we took :) We also took video but it sounds terrible because of the crowd noise. So, if you want to hear his work just look him up on youtube...there is tons. I want to see him again and take Josh and Mara..they would love it!



The opening band was Lonely, Dear. They are from Sweden and are so great! The lead singer has such an amazing spirit. I told David he is just so real and joyful in life. They were great and I will be adding them to my song list soon :)



Andrew Bird:




No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!