Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Monday, February 23, 2009

24 hours before the Birthday Party!

When we got home from Girl Scouts Willow was so elated to see a package from her Aunt Wendy and Uncle Chris on the doorstep! Birthday presents are beginning to roll in and the plans we getting underway for the big birthday party on Friday.



You made her day! Thank you soo soo much! And thank you for the beautiful frame you sent me!

************************************************************************************
Then the nonstop begging for me to sew on the patches she earned from girl scouts finally got to me. The funny thing is she doesn't really like to wear the thing! Oh well, guess it's a keepsake ;)
***********************************************************************************
Thursday was a maddening day! We had dentist appointments (no cavities!) lunch with Grandma and Grandpa, music lessons (Willow started piano last week and loves it) playdate with Sam, a failed run to Costco for a huge chocolate cake (they were all leaning to one side ;) ) and then to Harmons to get the stuff to make our own huge chocolate cake.... boy was I tired!

As soon as I got home I started baking the cakes. Six layers for turning 6 :) Luckily my Knight in Shinning Armor took over when he got home :)

David taught Willow the fine art of icing a cake :)
You are so weird ;)
Ta da! Complete with the skewers holding it together ;) Willow had told me she wanted a "Dalmatian" cake. She came running out of her room with this little guy that she said her friend Benjamin in Memphis gave her! So he went through the dishwasher and then was scrubbed a few times more with scalding water ten on the cake he went ;)
Now, off to bed to be ready for the "bouncy place" birthday bash.....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!