Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Watching History Being Made


We were dancing and cheering at our house last night. We are so ecstatic that Obama won!! We were also excited to see the amazing numbers in Utah that he brought in. Maybe, just maybe there is change here too. We were on the phone with friends screaming and cheering!! It was so great! I know that my kids don't really grasp the amazing History that has been made, or maybe they do?! Growing up in Memphis TN, I have witnessed first hand the horrible divide between people based on the color of their skin.

I am so proud of our country and for the first time since I was able to vote can say that I am involved and excited about our politics. I think is anything this crazy bailout taught us that we need to pay attention. Obama has one huge mess to deal with. I am just so happy that Bush is fired and (in my opinion)that insane, evil, horrible excuse for a mother/woman did not make it in! (Although I sure hope Tina Fey keeps it up ;) )

Obama's speech was amazing, as always. David said he had goosebumps. He is so amazing. He is not just going to change our country he is going to change the world.

I was also happy to see that the inane woman here in Utah that wanted to change the homeschooling laws to "every person must be a certified teacher and every child will be tested yearly" lost by a landslide. Really, where do these people come from??

Anyway, we are celebrating and feeling hopeful over here!

1 comment:

Melissia said...

We are hopeful too. I was not an Obama supporter but I can support him as president and be hopeful. I cried- I did not expect that. I guess I all of the sudden realized the historical relevance. He said things I can relate to and things I can support. May he be everything people have said about him and more.
Melissia

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!