Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Day!


Hope you all had a wonderful day. We stuffed ourselves till we couldn't move :) We spent the day with great friends, having fun....relaxing, playing...the way Holidays should be :)

We started the night before with David making his pecan pies and Mara trying her hand a coconut pie. We also made a shrimp dip, a spinach dip and got the turkey ready. We headed over to our Friends The Reid's for a day of playing WOW, knitting, eating and chatting away. Needless to say we had our fill! Not only did we have the foods above, we also had broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, Butterhorn rolls, a to die for green bean casserole courtesy of Kathy, mashed potatoes and Michael's amazing gravy(for which now I can never eat mashed potatoes without ;) ). I think we finished all the leftovers off today, time to cook again :) Here are a few pictures...I actually didn't take any, these are the ones David took :) Most of them are tormenting the boys with the flash :)


We made these turkey placemats in Daisies last week. Then the whole family made one :) David's is the one with the crazy eye ;)



Willow also made this pinecone turkey. I think we have 30 of these now!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!