Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Troop 2155 Investitiure


Yesterday was Willow's girl scout troop's investiture. That is where they become "official" girl scouts and get their pins. Mara has done a great job preparing for the ceremony! The girls are all so cute! We just love them :)





The new "Daisy" Kaper chart.........




Mara did a beautiful job decorating the bridge.....



She even constructed this canopy!




They are excited for the ceremony to begin!




Singing songs while waiting for everyone to arrive....



The Girl Scout Promise and Law candle lighting ceremony.......




Troop 2155 singing The Brownie Smile song and Penguins, the 2 songs they chose for the ceremony......



Awards!


Mara reading the Brownie story.........



"twist me and Turn me and show me the elf, I looked in the water and saw....myself!"



That is the Brownie rhyme for becoming an official Brownie Girl Scout :) Thank you Megan and Sammi (2 of our Juniors) for helping to welcome Sierra into the troop!




Mara and Sarah singing "Barges"...........



Closing...........




Our newest official Scouts!




1 comment:

Stephanie S. said...

Aw, look how grown up and proud they are!
So sweet.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!