Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bluberry muffins with a twist :)


My kids LOVE these muffins. Thought I would share the recipe :)
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
(with yellow squash)
makes 12 muffins
From: Deceptively Delicious By Jessica Seinfeld



1/2 cup brown sugar

4tbs soft butter or margarine

1 C lemon yogurt

1 c blueberries ( i use the frozen berry mix from costco)

1/2 c yellow squash puree

1 lg egg

2 tsp pure lemon extract

1 tsp lemon zest

2 Cups flour (It calls for all purpose but I use whole wheat)

1/4 C flaxseed meal

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with oil or use paper liners.

Beat the sugar and the butter with a wooden spoon. Stir in the yogurt, berries, yellow squash, egg, lemon extract and zest.

Add the flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder and soda, and salt. Stir just to combine but do not overmix. The batter will be thick and lumpy.

Divide into muffin tin and bake until the tops are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. About 13-16 minutes. Let cool on a rack.

Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or wrap and freeze for 1 month.

(mine never last that long :) )

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!