Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Read Family Band


Ok, so we need a better name ;)

As you know, Mara has been taking piano/voice/guitar/songwriting for a while. She absolutely loves her teacher.
Well, Josh asked to start Bass Guitar lessons so I asked Mara's teacher if she taught it and sure enough she did. He started last week and loves it. It is really cool to see them connecting through music. Josh was really talented at the violin when he was younger, I was glad to see his "musical" interest return!

David went on craigs list (gotta love it!) and found a guy who had a band once and was selling everything. David talked him into selling him the bass with case, stand and amp and the electric with case and amp for $100! The kids were so excited!

David, Josh and Mara are jammin out every night :) You can check out Mara at musicmara and Josh at quakejosh and David at geekofthemountain :) I guess I need to get with it and make my own you tube page. I am still trying to figure out the whole world of warcraft thing ;)


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!