Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ode to the sweet woman at Dee's

Ok, this is a wonderful story..........

We went to Dee's the night before Anya and Aspen flew home because no one could decide what to eat. So we decided to go somewhere that they could all get what they wanted.

We sat in a booth next to an elderly woman reading her very tattered bible. She smiled and we smiled back.

We overheard her tell the waitress that we had been waiting a long time to get service and soon after the waiter came.

There wasn't any interaction between our tables and we did not even notice when she left.

We finished our food and the waiter asked if we wanted dessert, we said no...

Then he told us that the woman had PAID for our bill!!! We were all in shock!

The man and his son in the booth on the other side said"wow, you must have done something right!" "were you guys just talking it up with her?" We said no, we did not even say a thing.

She just paid for our food and left.

So, thank you to the sweet woman from Dee's (who we found out is a regular on Monday nights :) )

You made our day, week, month :)

Now....we are paying it forward.........

1 comment:

Julie said...

How sweet! I bet she could feel the good vibe from your family, I know I always do:)

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!