Yes, it is official...................
The Read family is headed home!!!!
Moving day is in 2 weeks!
So, we will probably be MIA for a while here, while we finish packing, saying goodbye and getting settled again :)
My kids made a list of all the things they love about Oregon and I thought I would share from their point of view, no particular order:
3. clean air
7. the cool zoo
8. riding the max
11. sledding on Mt Hood
12. the gorge
13. Washington park
15. no sales tax :) (Mara, my shopper)
16. The Saturday Market
18. homeschooling activities, more than you could ever imagine
19. road trips to Seattle; market, children's theater, Pacific Science center, and aquarium
20. moderate temperature....we are so done with the foot of snow in April!
22. Cannon Beach
23. Newport Beach
25. flying kites
26. pacific time
27. yummy restaurants
28. a real downtown
And what they would miss about Utah:
1. Grandma and Grandpa and cousins
- Grandma and Grandpa's cabin
- boating with Grandpa
- hiking with Grandpa
So, I think that pretty much says it :)
We will miss all of our friends here and cannot even begin to thank Grandma and Grandpa for everything they have done for us. They moved out of their home, lived in their cabin and bought a new home so that our family had a place to be when David was laid off in 2003. There are no words to express the gratitude we feel and we only hope that we can model their same selflessness and love.
Well, we are off to pack!