Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Finally.......

I feel like I can breathe again. The dull sadness, loneliness and boredom that has encompassed our family has been replaced with sheer joy, excitement and eagerness.

Yes, it is official...................

The Read family is headed home!!!!

Moving day is in 2 weeks!

So, we will probably be MIA for a while here, while we finish packing, saying goodbye and getting settled again :)

My kids made a list of all the things they love about Oregon and I thought I would share from their point of view, no particular order:

1. friends
2. peace
3. clean air
4. mountains
5. oceans
6. OMSI
7. the cool zoo
8. riding the max
9. aquarium
10. green
11. sledding on Mt Hood
12. the gorge
13. Washington park
14. falls
15. no sales tax :) (Mara, my shopper)
16. The Saturday Market
17. liberal
18. homeschooling activities, more than you could ever imagine
19. road trips to Seattle; market, children's theater, Pacific Science center, and aquarium
20. moderate temperature....we are so done with the foot of snow in April!
21. fountains
22. Cannon Beach
23. Newport Beach
24. hiking
25. flying kites
26. pacific time
27. yummy restaurants
28. a real downtown
29. lighthouses
30. bridges

And what they would miss about Utah:

1. Grandma and Grandpa and cousins
  • Grandma and Grandpa's cabin
  • boating with Grandpa
  • hiking with Grandpa


2. friends


So, I think that pretty much says it :)

We will miss all of our friends here and cannot even begin to thank Grandma and Grandpa for everything they have done for us. They moved out of their home, lived in their cabin and bought a new home so that our family had a place to be when David was laid off in 2003. There are no words to express the gratitude we feel and we only hope that we can model their same selflessness and love.

Well, we are off to pack!

4 comments:

Weezy said...

Congrats to David on the new job!!! Even though we don't get to Utah that often, we will miss seeing you. Our kids love you all dearly and still talk about how nice Mara, Aspen, Josh and Willow were to them when we visited a couple summers ago!!

Teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth G. said...

Well, we are very happy for you. There are so many fun things about Portland. I'm glad you get to return.

We will miss you!

Elizabeth

Learning Free said...

To the Read family.
It's great to know that you will be where you feel "home" is. That's not something anyone should have to be without!
Love you guys!
The Schwemmers : )

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!