Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's

As we were getting ready to go, I took Willow out to try out her new fairy kite. The wind was coming in bursts so she never really got it off the ground. She had fun trying!




If only Asha would let her be......




Aspen and her flowers! I can't wait for the buttercups and tulips to be in bloom!


You know it is spring around here when ducks are nesting in your front yard :) We had to feed them a little something before we left.....


First, we walked over to the park with Sierra and Willow......




Then the girls wanted to do the egg hunt so David and I hid them.......







Then Warren and Josh got in on the act.....








Then Aspen.....

Then John came home from church and he and Harrison joined in on the fun :)
The boys hid the eggs for the girls and then the girls hid them from the boys. It became a game of who could find the most difficult spot :) I think the least favorite was the thorny rose bushes :)
Harrison thought it would be funny to hide most of the eggs in one spot....the mailbox :)
David actually put Aspen on his shoulders to get the eggs in the trees!
The window well was not such a great place....




Then it was back to the park for a bit......

Dinner was delicious! We had turkey, ham, rolls, peas, potatoes, broccoli casserole, baked beans, stuffing, deviled eggs, fresh carrots, cucumbers and strawberries and of course the cupcackes that I made yesterday :) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for such a yummy dinner!

As we drove home the sun was setting over the Ocher Mountains. It was beautiful.....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!