Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Earthquakes, Birthday's and The Flu

Ok, we are sick again. This time the full blown flu...fever, cough, body aches, puking,,,,. Man it sucks! Willow seems to be the worst. Her fever was 102 an she has been puking for 2 days now. Amazingly, I am the least sick this time around. I do have the cough but I blame that on the crap air we breathe here in Utah. I cannot wait to get out of here!!!!!! Mara was first, then Aspen, then Willow, then David, then Josh....they are dropping like flies around here.

Anyway, yesterday was my 36th birthday. Whoo hoo;) I was surrounded by sickies but did manage to treat myself to the cheesecake factory...yummy!

David and I are going to check out a vintage royal spartanette trailer that may become our home one day. Everyone that knows me well, knows I have this secret passion to be a "Family on the Road". David really wants to build an rv, or at least gut one and design the inside to fit our family. So,we shall see. The kids are just ready to live in the Durango and get out of Utah ;)

David had several more interviews lined up for next week, 3 in Portland and 1 in Bend. Some are 2nd interviews and some are new ones.

There was an earthquake here on Thursday. I didn't feel it but a lot of people we know did. Here is the info:
Earthquake Details
Magnitude
6.0
Date-Time
Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 14:16:02 UTC
Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 06:16:02 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location
41.153°N, 114.867°W
Depth
6.7 km (4.2 miles) set by location program
Region
NEVADA
Distances
10 km (6 miles) ENE (60°) from Wells, NV
32 km (20 miles) SSW (198°) from Wilkins, NV
35 km (22 miles) ENE (74°) from Deeth, NV
81 km (50 miles) NW (305°) from West Wendover, NV
254 km (158 miles) W (281°) from Salt Lake City, UT

Unlike the one we experienced in Oregon, this one did some serious damage to Wells Nevada. Scary! Amazingly no one ws seriously hurt.

Anyway, nothing interesting happening over here. Just a lot of coughing and laying around. We are all hoping to be healthy to celebrate Willow's 5th birthday next week!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!