Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, January 4, 2008

Home

My kids decided that City Academy was not for them. We are an unschooling family and we always will be. We feel like we have our lives back! I think it was a good experience for them to see what school is like and to realize that they can get so much more from a real life education than they would ever get from sitting at a desk. I am also glad that they made the decision to come home. Big plans are in the making....I will write more about this later.

I won't go into detail about the how's and why's City Academy was not a good experience. All I will say is it is really sad to me to see the literal "dumbing down" of American school kids. It is so sad that in order to provide an education, schools are required to meet useless standards and in doing so, have little time left for real learning. I can see the frustrations that teachers have and it makes me so angry!!!


For now, deschooling is going on and amazing things are happening! More to come.........

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!