Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Solstice!

Today was a wonderful day! We woke up to TONS of snow :) I think it was 14"!! There is more on the way..... it is supposed to snow tonight and again on Christmas Eve!


Maggie and Junie just LOVE to snow. They are so funny......

We went to over to our great friends, The Reid's. for a small intimate family Solstice. Mikes parents Pat and Walt were there along with a family friend Tori. We brought Sarah and Rob along with us and Elizabeth and Mark met us there later. Josh and Rob ended up spending the night with Justin and Mara went home with Sarah. It was such a beautiful peaceful night. Something my soul has been longing for. Thank you again Kathy and Mike for including our family in your celebration. You guys are amazing!

We started the evening off with a Mexican potluck. We had chips, salsa, guacamole, enchiladas (chicken and squash) and of course David's margaritas! Don't worry, the kids drinks were non alcoholic :)



Then Willow took the camera. These are all from her point of view!















Then we had some AMAZING drumming and Didgeridoo playing. Mike is an incredible Didgeridoo player and builder! I was so impressed!! The drumming was amazing. It was so great to be a part of it. It was amazing to me how the beat would evolve and grow and then fade. How wonderful! Then, Mara and Sara sang for us! They sang My Grown Up Christmas List, The Christmas Song and Santa Baby. You girls were awesome!!








sorry the videos are sideways! I keep forgetting I can't rotate videos :)





And we had a wonderful night outside around the fire ring under the beautiful bright sky and the snow covered trees.






The kids even took a ride down the toboggan hill they the Reid's carved out of the snow!


Thanks again Reid Family for a truly incredible evening. Winter is here...........

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!