Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

out of the mouths of babes :)

Ok, here is the incredible conversation Willow and I had on the way to the park this morning..... Willow: "Is today Sunday?"
Me: "No, actually, today is Tuesday"
Willow: "Oh, well how does that song go again?"
Me: "You mean the days of the week song?"
Willow: "yeah"
Me: "it goes, Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday"
Willow: "oh, ok"
Long silence from the back of the car..........
Willow: "so, tell me again what days you go to school"
Me: "Well, most schools are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday"
Willow: "oh, ok"
Willow: "so, how do they learn about the world?" (they meaning her bro and Sis's at school)
Me: (smiling) "you mean, like geography, like culture club?"
Willow: "no, you don't get it...the real world mommy!"
(oh, I do get it......I really do!)
so much wisdom in such a little body, I always said she was an old soul!

Later that afternoon we went to dance. She took this class 2 years ago and we quit because the teacher was so upity and strict. We thought we would give it another try. Turns out to be the same teacher but she seems to have learned to make it fun.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!