Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tuesday October 24th



Today Willow noticed the alphabet that I made that hangs around our school room. It has been there forever, since Aspen was 6 or so. It is from the Oak Meadow curriculum (older version) A First Book of Fairy Tales. She was very interested and wanted to make one of her own. So we read the story for letter A and drew pictures. The story is about a town in turmoil as the mill owner is sick and has to close the mill. Everyone is so poor that they can't afford it. A strange woman comes one day and tells the townspeople that she has hid a magic spindle in a haystack and whoever can find it will be able to spin all the hay in the field into gold. The letter "A" is the haystack with the spindle across it. Anyway, she loved it. We will see if we make it to Z :) The finished product is not as important as the process.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!