Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Home Makeover: Read Style

Well, a bunch of you have asked to see exactly what we have been up to with the house :) Well, here are the most recent photos. No where near done yet but it is coming along. It is amazing how a little paint can change the look of everything. More to come later as we finish things up. David is going to floor the stairs this week so that will look great! Gotta love IKEA! The trim work will be up this weekend and then the kitchen and den will be finished. We aren't sure what to do about the old den carpet. We were going to stain the concrete flooring but unfortunately the person that laid the carpeting last glued it down. From what I have read it is highly toxic and the chemicals you have to use to remove the glue are even more toxic and don't work all that well. So we will see :)



The "old" den that is now the "school room"






The Kitchen: It says, Eat well, laugh often, love much........







The "old" schoolroom which is now the den. Gotta love my $25 sofa and chair from DI!! What a find. There was not a stain on them!


1 comment:

Lerend Zonder School said...

I absolutely love the colors!! We are currently redoing the outside of our house and are considering some blues or greens for the color.

Looks good!

Julie

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!