Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We got Goose'ed



We came home the other night and let Maggie out and heard a ruckus in the backyard. Come to find we had a goose in our backyard and he (or she) was not leaving! Now, we live with flocks of geese on the other side of the fence, they land on our roof like clockwork during mating season and we do have the occasional duck nest in our shrubs but we have never seen a goose stake out our deck and refuse to leave. Maggie was after her and Junie was scared to death. All the cats were very interested but did not want to get to close. It really freaked out Willow with it's hissing but by morning it had gone.......

2 comments:

Katrina said...

This cracked me up! When I was Willow's age, we would go to this lake close to home and I would chase and pick up the geese. I can't believe they never bit me. The hissing is freaky, huh?

Stephanie said...

Good Lord.
Let's see.
First let's mention humans.
Then there are the Kittens.
Dogs.
Chickies.
Ducks, snakes, turtles, lizards, fish, one dragon, 13 faeries, 7 salamanders, 3 frogs (with 12 tadpoles), 4 peacocks, 2 elephants, 6 unicorns, and now GEESE?
Sheesh.
See how you show off, all those beauties flocking to your place.
:)
xxoo

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!