Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th (or 3rd) of July :)

Our festivities began on the 3rd with swimming, a BBQ and the South Salt Lake 3rd of July fireworks display. Then the kids created their own fireworks display that lasted into the wee hours of the morning. Everyone had a great time! We got a few hours of sleep and then we were up again for the 4th of July parade. The city provides decorations and the kids can decorate their bikes and lead the parade. When we woke up Mara and Josh had flat tires (we should have checked the night before!) so instead the decorated Maggie and Junie and walked them. We then went and watched the fireworks from the bench. We could see the stadium, the Bees baseball game, Sugarhouse, Murray and what we think was Magna. It was really cool. It was 2 days of pure summer fun.





Willow, Carah, Soliel, Xavier, Chris and Aubrey enjoying the pool............









Sitting on the roof watching the fireworks........




















When I woke up to get ready for the parade, I heard breathing coming from Willow's princess tent.....when I looked inside I saw my Josh asleep in his grim reaper shirt and camo shorts :)



The parade was a lot of fun, not so sure if Maggie and Junie liked being decorated :)








Willow was a trooper! She pedaled that tricycle the whole way!





The Bray's joined us......

And Eliza joined us.......





No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!