Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Family Fun Nights

We have sort of gotten into the habit of doing something "fun" together on Sunday nights now that I am working the graveyard shift at Target. Two weeks ago we went to eat at Rio Grande Cafe, a Mexican restaurant in downtown SLC that is in the Historic Rio Grande railroad station. It is yummy and supposedly the women's bathroom is haunted :) It is a great restaurant that recognizes local artists by hanging their work all over the walls, ceiling etc. It is really great to walk around and see the different pieces. They have some really cool Tye dye banners made by the upper grades of the Open Classroom hanging right now. After a wonderful dinner, we decided to go bowling. I think we caught the bowling alley by surprise because we were the only ones there :) Of course we left the camera, but David snapped these few blurry ones with his phone.
This past Sunday we went to see the new Harry Potter Movie. I am glad Willow fell asleep in the first few minutes because I think it was the darkest, most gory one yet. It was a good movie but they left a lot of the book out. I guess they have to now or the movies would go on for hours :) The kids really enjoyed it and we are all making bets on who lives and dies in the end.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!