Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Neffs Canyon


I love those days that are absolutely crazy and you think that you will never get it all done and then the evening comes and it is time to relax :) Thursday was just one of those days. When the evening came it was time to get out of the rat race and into the peaceful surroundings of the mountains. David, Willow and I decided to take a short hike up Neffs Canyon. Josh and Mara were with the Gibson's and Aspen was home babysitting for the Pehkonen's.

We took the dogs and as usual, Maggie found a ball in the middle of nowhere ;) We hiked up to the stream and played for a while on the rope swing. Willow was so excited. She kept saying things like "look at the red flower, it is gorgeous!" and "look at that meadow, it has magic". I love hearing her perception of nature. She always reminds me to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. Anyway, we left the camera but David did take this blurry picture of Willow in a tree with his phone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!