Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Family Hiking: Porter Fork

Today we started our yearly tradition of hiking. We wanted to take the dogs along so we went up to Millcreek Canyon. Willow collected some interesting bugs, which were all released before we left :). What a great day for a hike!




Maggie found a treasure!




What a great big brother!



Uh oh!






Willow and mommy discussing why bees and butterflies and all the unknown bugs are on the flowers :) Gotta love this unschooled life!




Willow with her bee.



Josh trying to push the bag of dog poo off on David :)




Junie is so tired. She can't quite go as far a Maggie yet.



water break!



Willow thought this was a cave and she made Aspen take a picture of it. :)






These flowers were like a carpet. They smelled so wonderful!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful!
What a great time!
We're planning on heading up tomorrow. Either AF canyon, or into the Uintah's if it's clear.
I'm Especially excited after viewing this post! :)

Lerend Zonder School said...

Teri, looks like you guys had fun! I haven't been hking in Millcreek canyon for years! We'll have to take Chowder up there sometime. We went to Antelope Island on Sunday and I think dogs are allowed on all but a couple of the trails if your interested in going there.

Julie

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!