Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Chicken Tractor

My wonderful husband slaved the entire day yesterday in the horrific 103 degree heat to build my girls (Carla, Chrissy Sunshine, and Tallulah) a home. He amazes me how he can just throw something together! He used all scrap wood that was just lying around here. The kids and I are going to paint it eventually. The chicks spent their first night outside last night. They seemed to be happy this morning :) During the day they have free range of the backyard, but they seem to like being under the deck.

Chrissy and Carla enjoying their crumbles....


Guess What? Chicken Butt! :).....ok, I couldn't resist :)









During construction:............



The Nesting Boxes, Come on girls, lay us some eggs!.......


1 comment:

Wendy said...

I so want a chicken tractor! I've read about it in Mother Earth News and now just have to convince the rest of my family that we need chickens. My husband would love to have fresh eggs to cook with, so I'm working that angle.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!