Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Raising Poulty and Insects Part 2

Well, it has been quite a while since I posted. We have a new zoo at our home. Our butterflies have long hatched and flown away. Our one surviving chicken hatched the day after Josh's 14th birthday (May 18th) and he was the only one to see it happen :) So, it is now his chicken and he has named her Carla :) Well, we were just to sad that none of the others made it so I talked to Christie( the woman that gave us the eggs to incubate) and she suggested we keep it. I had not even considered it since we are moving but she told me about how they moved with chickens and a rooster in cat carriers :) So, I took the kids to IFA Country Stores and we picked up supplies and 2 more baby chickens :) Mara named hers Tallulah and Willow named hers Crissy Sunshine :) They are all females and once we are settled I am sure we will add to the flock. Josh's chicken will come when called and hop in our laps to be loved on! :) David is going to build an outside coop eventually. I have found a lot of cool ones on the internet. Anyway, here are some pictures of our brood! :)











2 comments:

Lerend Zonder School said...

How sweet! You'll have to send me the links for the coops, we are thinking of getting (or hatching perhaps) some chickens to have for eggs, Damek really wants to, so once we get our garden going then we can figure out how to do a coop.

Julie

Stephanie said...

I am inspired!
And now I'm almost ready to take the plunge. :)
steph

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!