Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Of Gardens and Hideouts











Yesterday the girls and I spent the afternoon weeding the garden and making tee pee hideouts from some twisted willow branches a neighbor threw out. Alyssa gave us this great idea and we have had so much fun. Josh on the otherhand, did not want to make a hideout but instead used his pocket knife to strip all the bark off and make a bow for his arrows :) Today, Josh had 2 friends come and play and they took branches and made fishing poles and tried to catch fish from the stream behind our house. These branches are very versitile! I love spring and I cannot wait to get my garden planted. So far, we only have one strawberry plant to come back and the onions are growing strong.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!