Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dungeons and Dragons Gaming Club



Josh has always been a game freak. Whether it was a 4 day long Risk tournament, video games, or one of his MANY made up and very complicated board games. He took it upon himself to start a D and D club for all of his friends. They have been going strong, meeting every week at our house for a couple of hours. There are 5 boys the regularly come and occasionally Mara and Willow will join in :) The collection of small and large D and D figurines is rapidly growing, and I now see all of these boys carrying their books and cases of figurines to other events. I keep thinking one of these days I will sit down and figure the game out but for now I just enjoy listening to these boys create magical worlds that remind me of the importance of a great imagination :)


This weekend has been a marathon gaming club! He has two friends spending Thurs-Sun with us and they have been hunkered down in his room playing D and D, WOW, Dungeon Siege, watching movies etc... They come up for air every so often to recharge with food and occasionally I will send them outside for some "exercise". They just beat each other with sticks but at least they are outside! It is fun to have them here and Josh is in heaven!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!