Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bronze Award!

Tonight Mara's Junior Girl Scout Troop received their Bronze awards from the Service Unit. They have worked so hard over the past 2 years and did such a great job tonight with their presentation. Way to go girls!
The Bronze award is the highest award you can earn as a Junior Girl Scout. Mara, Lexi, Sarah, Brieanna and Ainsley all did 15 hours of service toward their project which included making cat and puppy quilts for the local animal shelter, making dog treats, sewing cloth menstral pads for women in Africa for a program called Mothers Without Borders. The girls learned a lot and had fun while helping others in need.










No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!